General Data Protection Regulation Policy (GDPR)
Your privacy is extremely important to us and to protect it we are providing information on how we collect information and what use we subsequently put it to.
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on our website and social media feeds. As an example, some people will be interested in becoming a Make Believe student, others may want to work for us or are interested in becoming a franchisee. In all cases we collect the following information:
Parent or guardian’s name; contact and address details; relationship to the student; emergency contact details; name, age, gender and date of birth of student; and any medical conditions the student has. If the student is over 16 years of age, you need to have their permission to share these details with us.
Should you wish to become a student, work for us or take up a franchise opportunity your basic details will be passed on to our accounts supplier who will set up direct debit payments. All their systems are approved by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and BACS.
Working with Make Believe (including franchisees)
For our staff and franchisees we collect your name, contact details, time at your address, home status, date and place of birth, details of your finances, nationality, marital status, interests and qualifications. We also collect details of relevant criminal convictions (you will also be required to provide a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate if you wish to take up a post or become a franchisee). We will only retain your DBS certificate reference number and date of issue.
If you wish to be considered for a teaching role at Make Believe we may pass on your details to our franchisees (Principals)
We may put some information on your telephone, tablet, laptop or computer. This information is called ‘cookies’ and it will help your device to be recognised so you do not have to repeat giving the same information each time you visit our site. This information cannot be used to identify you.
You can manage cookies through your browser.
Only people who have authorisation are allowed access to the information you provide. We do not share any information with outside parties (other than our financial providers, who run our accounts). Where you provide an email address, for instance, we will use that address to reply to your email.
We will always ask for your permission to receive information on special offers (shows, trips, audition opportunities) so if you prefer not to receive such information you can opt out.
As a responsible company working with children, we take care to keep all information secure. We do not collect information from children under 18 years of age. You are able to access the information we have and we will always immediately correct any errors you point out to us. If you do wish to access information on the data we hold, you will be required to verify details that we hold about you.
COOKIES POLICY OF WWW.MAKEBELIEVEGROUP.COM.AU
This website, www.makebelievegroup.com.au (the “Website”), is operated by Make Believe.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your web browser that allow Make Believe or a third party to recognise you. Cookies can be used to collect, store and share bits of information about your activities across websites, including on the Make Believe website and subsidiary brand websites.
COOKIES CAN BE USED FOR THE FOLLOWING PURPOSES:
– To enable certain functions
– To provide analytics
– To store your preferences
– To enable ad delivery and behavioural advertising
MAKE BELIEVE USES BOTH SESSION COOKIES AND PERSISTENT COOKIES.
A session cookie is used to identify a particular visit to our Website. These cookies expire after a short time, or when you close your web browser after using our Website. We use these cookies to identify you during a single browsing session.
A persistent cookie will remain on your devices for a set period of time specified in the cookie. We use these cookies where we need to identify you over a longer period of time. For example, we would use a persistent cookie for remarketing purposes on social media platforms such as Facebook advertising or google display advertising.
If you do not wish to allow cookies to track or collect information, or wish to manual exclude the ability of certain types of cookies, you can change your browser’s settings to delete cookies that have already been set and to not accept new cookies. To learn more about how to do this, visit the help pages of your chosen browser.
Please note, if you delete cookies or do not accept them, your user experience may lack some of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences and some of our pages might not display properly.
For more information on cookies, please visit the information commissioner’s office ‘ICO’).
Website Terms & Conditions
This agreement sets out our website terms and conditions that will govern the relationship between us, Make Believe and you, the Parent/Guardian. It is a legally binding agreement. These conditions are important to maintain standards and to ensure that all members gain the maximum benefit from their membership.
The term “MB”, or “Make Believe” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without the prior written consent of Make Believe.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.